Sunday, October 30, 2016

    The big day!!!!!
By: Julianne 

The Day of the Wedding


St. Albans Old Barn Inn-It was october 8, 2016.  The day of my mom’s wedding.
Today we are all going to get ready including hair and makeup, the wedding, cocktail hour,dinner, ending the night, and quotes from the family. It was amazing day!!!!!
                                                             
Geting Ready

They're here. We are all very excited. I was first to do makeup.  When I was finished with makeup I could barely recognize myself because it seemed I had so much makeup on.  Although,  it was not that much.  My sister was next and she had a lot of makeup on, even fake eye lashes. And of course my mom, Brenda, was last. When my mom was finished with her hair and makeups he looked beautiful!!!!! Lilly, mom, and I all got in are dresses. My dress and Lilly's dress were plum. My mom's dress was a fade white.
                                                                 
The Wedding

It was time for Lilly and I to walk down the aisle. My brother, Peter, walked Lilly and I down the stone path/aisle one at a time.

It was time for my mom to walk down the aisle with my Grandpa Steve. My mom was stunning.  She was so full of joy and was very excited.

The Cocktail Hour

My mom and Jonathon had said, “I do”, and the party started with the cocktail hour.  Guests were all eating hors d’oeuvres and drinking fancy drinks.  My mom and Jonathon were having more pictures taken.  Although I did not get to try hors d'oeuvres, my family said that they were delicious and very tasty.  During that time, everybody was sitting at table and listening to music. I was enjoying being with Janet, my mom’s friend from South Carolina.  

The Dinner
Soon we were directed into the dining area to eat and enjoy ourselves.  We had salad, chicken, potatoes and vegetables.  I somehow got the kid’s plate with chicken fingers and grapes.  "I wasn’t that crazy about it at all!!"  During this time, we also watched a video on the big screen of my mom and Jonathon through the years.  I couldn’t believe what I looked like back then when Jonathon first came into our lives.


The End of the Night

Towards the end of the night everyone started to leave.  We were all a little bit down that the amazing day was over.  Although we all were very happy too that my mom was married and that Lilly and I had a new dad.

Quotes from the family about the wedding

“I felt very blessed to have my family and friends with me on my special day,"Said by my mom the bride of the wedding. "I thought it was simple, fun, and the best thing that has happened to our family," Said by Lilly the bridesmaid. " I thought it could have not gone any better than it did. It was a amazing day and could not have been better," Said by Jonathon the husband.

1 comment:

  1. I like how you included where you were, and all of the topics you were going to include in your story, in the introduction

    ReplyDelete